Warning: If you haven't seen Sean Penn's movie "Into the Wild," then you may not to read this entry because it will spoil the ending. :)
After a very thought-full day, with pondering questions like "What is my niche in life?" and "How can I make a greater impact in this world?", I went about my evening run and further activities.
We went to see "Into the Wild", a Kerouac-esque movie about Christopher McCandless, a boy of 23 years that decides he is going to leave his materialistic upper-middle class life and travel the country. The story is compelling, and fired every idealistic neuron in my brain. He dies in the backcountry of Alaska; and to tell you the truth, I'm glad there is a movie that shows this, only because I'd hate for every idealistic youngen to think that it's not dangerous to do what he did. Chris was ill-prepared; he just wanted "to be free", and explore the world, with no place to go and no time frame in which to do it; you know, "live life". I'd love to say that this was a heroic quest for truth, for independence, for liberty, but I actually think it may have been that -and- naive and irresponsible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
all i read was the first paragraph, and i now want to see the movie even more than before. I'll make sure to come back after viewing, read your notes and share more feedback.
Post a Comment