"What do you want for breakfast? Anything you want, I'll make"... this was the start to my 30th birthday. "Pancakes! Coffee! Oh yum."
Later that day, we went to the grocery store to buy ingredients for my favorite cake. While Juan diligently grated 3 cups of carrots by hand :) , I received phone calls from my wonderful family, who were wishing me a happy day.
At 3pm, Juan announced that I had to be ready to leave in half an hour, that he was taking me to my surprise. "What could it be?" I pondered.
We tried to figure out how to set the oven to turn off automatically, since my birthday cake, my favorite cake, my carrot cake, was still in the oven. We were running late, so we rushed clear across town to my Surprise.
A spa! Wow!
We rushed into the spa, and Juan announced to the person at the desk that I had arrived, turned to me and said "Enjoy!" and ran out the door.
I was greeted by a lady who lead me through a door, and a hallway, to a bathroom. She told me that I needed to put on the robe in preparation for my full body massage! After an hour, of hot oils and massage, I was thoroughly relaxed and half asleep. She tapped me on the shoulder, and told me to follow her to my next appointment.... "Have you ever had a facial?" she asked. I then had my first facial--an hour long cleansing and massaging, that put me into a state of serenity that still has not worn off!
I then changed, and walked out to the front desk. Juan was sitting there reading a newspaper, waiting for me. What a Juanderful cutie! :)
We drove to dinner. Then, we went home, finished baking the carrot cake, and people started arriving to help celebrate and eat the cake. Hours of catching up with friends, hanging out, and laughing.. and eating my favorite carrot cake.....
It was simply a wonderful birthday, with lots of relaxation and friends with whom I enjoyed and celebrated life. After all, isn't that what birthdays are all about?
Thank you so much Juan, my family, and my friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
what a jauntastic day!! that's awesome.
oh yes, happy belated birthday. You cant hear me but i sang for you, quietly at my desk.
Haha, thank you--I thought my ears were ringing :)
Post a Comment